7th CO2GeoNet Open Forum
17-19 April, 2012, San Servolo Island, Venice, Italy
San Servolo Island, Venice, 17-19 April 2012
7th CO2GeoNet Open Forum
What's the Open Forum about?
The forum is a unique opportunity to:
- meet and interact directly with Europe's largest network of researchers on CO2 geological storage;
- catch up on the latest scientific developments in CO2 storage research;
- exchange with other CCS stakeholders: operators, regulators, NGOs, etc.;
- hear presentations on science, demo experiences, regulatory issues, international networks, etc.;
- participate in dialogue sessions;
- learn more about the international CCS scene and players.
True European coverage is now possible as the Open Forum is organized through CGS Europe,
an FP7 Pan-European Coordination Action on the geological storage of CO2,
in which all CO2GeoNet members are involved.
Theme for 2012:
European CO2 storage research:
major results and future perspectives
The 3-day event comprises:
17-18 April: CO2GeoNet Open Forum "EU research programmes and international research cooperation"
- Update on CO2GeoNet and CGS Europe activities
- European CCS initiatives
- Scientific results from major European projects
- International research and collaboration
- Panel discussions
19 April: CGS Europe knowledge-sharing workshop on "National research programmes"
- CO2 storage research programmes in CGS Europe countries - case studies
- National funding
- Modelling in national research and demo / pilot projects
Who should attend?
All those involved in, or concerned by, the geological storage of CO2: policymakers, public authorities, industrial stakeholders, regulatory bodies, NGOs, engineers and scientists, research councils, EC representatives, Members of European Parliament, etc.
Accommodation - convenient and comfortable rooms are available on the Island. You can book your room directly with the San Servolo centre, but don't delay – the number of rooms is limited and accommodation will be on a first-come first-served basis. When no more single rooms are available, double and three-bed rooms will be reserved for individuals at the given rates. You need to complete this hotel accommodation booking form and return it directly to the San Servolo centre. The rooms pre-reserved for CO2GeoNet Open Forum participants will only be guaranteed until 1st April, after which date, they will be opened up for reservation by the general public.
download the logistics file here
containing information on how to get there, facilities on the island, etc.)
Read about and consult presentations from last year's Open Forum: click here
REGISTRATION is now closed for this event
The registration fee of 150€ per participant will be settled in cash in Venice.